Sunday, May 30, 2010

After the promise and before the party...

I was asked to take some pictures of the decor at a wedding reception, which is something that I haven't done before, so I thought that I'd give it a try.  Most weddings that I've been at, I'm singing, so I don't get to see the full show.  In fact, the last wedding that I've actually been invited to was just over five years ago. 

Lighting was problematic, as in there wasn't much of it.  Of course, it didn't help that its been overcast and raining and/or snowing all weekend.  Probably, the solution to this would be to use a flash, but I'm not at that stage yet, so I tried to use lower F-stops and longer shutter speeds.  The most difference is seen in editing the raw pics into final photos.  Lots of playing around with fill lighting, highlights and shadows.

The Wedding was organized and designed by Cathy MacRae of Creative Weddings and Occasions.



 




No comments:

Post a Comment