Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Best of Before the Blog

In the past, my taking photographs was very hit and miss.  I remember (mentally) one trip to England where I took a total of three photos... and two of them were on the ferry over the English Channel.  Another trip to Italy, I returned with probably 20+ rolls of film (before digital media.)

In the fall of 2008, I spent four months in Germany (with a holiday stop over in Costa Rica) and I promised myself that I would actively pull out my camera and take pictures.  Pictures for myself, as well as pictures to share with others. 

At this time, I had not really looked into how to improve the composition of my photos, so I make no apologies for the quality of the photos.  I took pictures of things that I thought were interesting, or that would be memorable.  Interestingly enough, most of the better pictures could have been taken anywhere, but there are some of the stand outs.

Berlin Holocaust Memorial

Salzburg, on top of the 'Burg'

Salzburg Cathedral

Hannover


Charlottenberg Palace, Berlin

New City Hall, Hannover


St. George Park, London

Guanacaste, Costa Rica

Playa Flamingo, Costa Rica

Playa Tamarindo, Costa Rica

Poas Volcano, Costa Rica

San Jose, Costa Rica

Orchid, Costa Rica

Costa Rican Traditional Ox-cart

Playa Flamingo, Costa Rica

No comments:

Post a Comment