Sunday, October 3, 2010

On my own with off camera flash...

So after last weekend's successful introduction to the world of Off Camera Flash, I decided to continue that learning process and made arrangements to take a friend out for a photo shoot this afternoon.  I managed to find a nice little stand, clamp and shoot through umbrella from Vistek. 

In my own mind, I thought that I had thought through the shoot...  The position of the OCF in relation to the sun (it was there, although it was a rather cloudy day) and the poses I envisioned for the model.  In reality, I need a lot more practice in doing this.  While there are some good pictures, they were nowhere near the level I feel I achieved at the workshop (those photos needed relatively no editing after the fact).

Still, there were some nice photos.  Thanks to Christie for modeling and giving up her afternoon.





No comments:

Post a Comment