Sunday, June 20, 2010

Family gatherings provide lots of unknowing and willing subjects...

Wow... taking photos of people is so much more difficult than it looks, so I take my hat off to friends such as Lana Gurevich who take really good, professional photos of people. 

I drove up to Red Deer for a gathering with my extended family today, and we were lucky enough to have an amazing day with great weather.   With 30 or 40 people in attendance, it gave me the opportunity to start pointing my lens at real people instead of flowers or nature or buildings.  I'm pretty sure that I prefer catching people in the moment, rather than having formal posed portraits or groupings, so it was interesting (and frustrating) to watch these people and groupings appear out of nowhere and disappear as quickly as they appeared. 

I had some difficulties with the settings in the bright sun, so many pictures didn't turn out as I would have liked them to, but I was happy with about 10% of what I did take.










You really didn't expect me to just take pictures of people did you?





No comments:

Post a Comment