Saturday, June 26, 2010

We're not in Kansas anymore Toto!!!

The other night, I sat down in Cow-town, and after rather painless red-eye, I stood up and walked out of the doors into Fish-town.  We're definitely not in Kansas anymore...  I'm here in St. John's, Newfoundland with Opera on the Avalon rehearsing for some shows in Mid July.  

So, back to the red-eye flight...  Needless to say, the combination of overnight flights and time differences, jet lag and sleeping patterns are in a state of flux.  So, I decided to take advantage of my alert state of mind and went up to Signal Hill to take in the sunrise as it rises on the easternmost part of Canada.   Photographers always talk about how perfect the light is at dawn and/or dusk, and combine that with  a clear day, it made for a nice morning.

From Cabot Tower, atop Signal Hill (Where Signor Marconi played out his fascination with Ben Franklin Kites) I descended the "Hill" and walked along Duckworth Street which is famous for its brightly coloured houses.  All in all, about a 500 metre descent and 3.5 kms...

















No comments:

Post a Comment